Weddings in the heart of tasmania
Weddings at The Church Campbell Town Tasmania
Our venue, our bar, your caterer.
The Church is a unique wedding venue in the Heart of Tasmania. Immerse yourselves in 165 years of history in our Heritage listed “Church”.
We will ensure your special day is one to remember, celebrating the start of creating your own story, together as a couple.
We are very “up front” with our prices and it’s many inclusions, so there are no hidden costs.
With catering you can bring in your own caterer depending on your style and budget. That could be a caterer we have listed on our catering page or perhaps you may prefer a food truck on the premises. It’s completely up to you, your style, your budget, your wedding!
An ideal wedding venue where you can have your marriage ceremony, garden drinks, photos and reception all within the one property, centrally located in the “Heart of Tasmania”.
We can also arrange bus transportation, for pickups and drop offs to The Church and accommodation. We also have a vintage wedding car and chauffeur driver! See our wedding car hire here.
Garden & church Weddings
One of the many perks of choosing The Church for your wedding is its central location in “The Heart of Tasmania.” This convenience ensures that your guests, whether local or traveling from other areas of the state, can easily join in the celebration.
At The Church, we celebrate love in all its glorious forms. We proudly support the LGBTIQ+ community and warmly welcome your unique celebrations. Let’s collaborate to bring your vision to life, embracing your style by crafting a day that will be etched in your hearts forever.
The Church Wedding Packages
Your Perfect Ceremony, Your Way
Dreaming of a wedding in a “Church” without the religious formalities? At The Church, you have the freedom to craft a ceremony that reflects your unique love story, and you get to choose a Celebrant who resonates with your vision.
Whether you envision exchanging vows outdoors in our scenic wedding aisle area with The Church as your enchanting backdrop, or if you prefer the timeless charm of marrying inside The Church, the choice is yours.
What sets The Church apart is the flexibility it offers. Your ceremony, photos, and reception can all unfold seamlessly within the picturesque grounds. Imagine staying in one spot, surrounded by the beauty of The Church, allowing you and your guests to relax and enjoy every moment of your special day.
We’re thrilled to be able to host weddings of all types and styles at The Church. No matter your vision, we’re here to make it a reality. Let the beauty of our venue be the canvas for your love story, creating memories that will last a lifetime.
At The Church, your perfect wedding is not just a dream; it’s an exciting reality waiting to unfold. We can’t wait to be a part of your special day!
Your guests will be greeted and directed to your chosen ceremony location, where water garnished with home-grown mint, and our icy non-alcoholic fruit punch are set up for their arrival. As they amble past the historic sandstone Church building, around the gardens, scents of rose, jasmine and lavender greet them.
Our caravan bar and other drink options are available pre-ceremony, or you may wish to only open the bar after your ceremony.
Our team will set up the chairs and registry table for your ceremony, in your chosen position.
Cocktail Style (standing with servery table, some chairs, lounges & wine barrels): 150
Seated Dining (varying sized tables & chairs): 110
Entertainment and Decor
Make your wedding day truly memorable with entertainment and decor that reflect your unique style. After the ceremony, consider treating your guests to some fun yard games on the lawn while you capture the perfect moments during your photo session. Let us know if you’d like this set up or if you prefer your guests to enjoy the bar and mingle before enjoying their meal – the choice is yours.
Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of The Church’s surroundings, adorned with heritage-listed elm trees and gardens. Our use of natural materials, all-weather provisions, and carefully placed custom fairy lights enhances the relaxed country atmosphere, creating a magical backdrop for your celebration.
Our goal is to ensure that you can relax and savor every moment of your wedding day without the stress of behind-the-scenes work. Let us take care of the details so you can focus on what matters most – enjoying your own celebration of love.
Tailoring Our Services to Your Desires
At The Church, we take pride in our adaptability, ensuring your needs are at the forefront of every detail. From a stunning venue to impeccable service, and refreshing drinks, our commitment is to craft a day that you and your guests will cherish forever.
Whether you and your caterers envision a sit-down formal meal, a shared banquet, or a lively cocktail party, our versatile team is dedicated to setting up for your preferences.
To complement your celebration, we provide essential elements that add a touch of charm and practicality. Picture your seating plan elegantly displayed on a timber easel, vintage timber tables for your presents, a charming wishing well, two wine barrels, a designated cake table, and a dignified lectern – all included.
Your wedding day should be a seamless reflection of your vision, and we are here to ensure that every aspect aligns with your desires. We will work with your caterers and whatever drinks package with us that you choose. We are committed to making your celebration at The Church an unforgettable experience.
Let us know your needs, and together, we’ll weave them into the fabric of your dream wedding day.
Exclusive Use Wedding Venue Hire $3,000.
- Dedicated Event Manager
- Exclusive use of the property.
- Weddings are offered as 6 hour packages for ceremony and reception.
- For evening weddings, all music must cease by 11pm and all guests must leave the property by 11.30pm (we can arrange buses at extra cost).
- Access is available for set-up and theming the evening before, or on the day.
- Still water and our signature non-alcoholic fruit punch are available as a refreshment for guests as they arrive before the ceremony starts.
- Hold your ceremony on the lawns to make the most of your day without your guests needing to travel between locations.
- Large outdoor round wooden wedding arbour (you can add floral arrangements) – very similar to picture on this page.
- Take advantage of our grounds and church for photos
- Placement of outdoor or indoor ceremony seating
- Drink station of – iced water, fruit punch, teas, coffees, milks, sugars, teaspoons, mugs, cups etc.
- Set up & clean up.
- iPod facilities / Aux input
- PA system with cordless microphone and access for music plug-in
- Use of any equipment needed eg projector, cables & power cords, power boards etc.
- Signing table and chairs
- Use of the caravan bar for post-ceremony drinks, or bar inside The Church
- Wine barrel tables
- Bar & a variety of lawn games for guests whilst you have photos taken
- Firepits and market umbrellas to make your special day a little more comfortable and inviting.
- Gift and cake tables
- Welcome easel
- Designated dance floor
- Please note that you are not allowed to bring any food or drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) onto the property except for one celebration cake. Large bags, any drink bottles and eskies are also not allowed. Enjoy your time with us!
Standard package - $85.00 per person
5 hours of unlimited Tasmanian still & sparkling waters, soft drinks, beers and wines for the duration of your wedding.
Free water, tea & coffee station included.
Premium package - $105.00 per person
5 hours of unlimited Tasmanian still & sparkling waters, soft drinks, beers, wines, whisky’s, gins, vodka, bourbons, rum, for the duration of your wedding.
Plus Church cocktails – you choose your 3 favourite cocktails.
Free water, tea & coffee station included.
Non-Alcohol drinks package - $19.00 per person
5 hours of unlimited Tasmanian sparkling waters, soft drinks, house-made fruit punch and continuous water, tea & coffee station.
Alcoholic drinks such as beers, wines, whisky’s, gins, vodka, bourbons, rum, can be purchased by your guests from our on-site caravan bar. Just let your guests know before your wedding so they can bring cash or cards.
OR, Pay on Consumption Basis – Min $2,000
PAYMENT: Venue hire fee of $2,000 is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. This will ensure your date is locked in. The whole property will be exclusively yours. Final numbers and all other payments are required 2 weeks prior to your wedding date. If choosing the “pay on consumption basis” option, pay $2,000 two weeks prior to your wedding and the remainder (if any) on the night.
Arrive at your wedding in style, making an impressive entrance. We will come to your location 45 minutes before you wish to leave, so we can pour you some quality Tasmanian sparkling wine, (or soda water), whilst you prepare to be chauffeured to the wedding venue and have photos taken as you choose.
Up to 3 hours of hire and up to 4 passengers. Time commences and finishes from The Church Campbell Town location.
wedding car Hire Details
- Up to 2 hours hire of vintage 1964 Buick convertible with white wedding ribbon.
- Uniformed chauffeur (black suit, hat, gloves, and Campbell tartan bow tie), with a public passenger vehicle license, national police check, current working with vulnerable people card and have completed a Doctor’s assessment of medical fitness to drive.
- Arrival at your location 45 minutes before departure.
- 2 Bottles of quality Tasmanian Sparkling Wine and soda water for a drink upon our arrival with ice bucket and champagne glasses.
- Chilled still & sparkling water.
- Use of The Church umbrellas, ponchos and warm rugs, if needed.
- Plus, if needed, the use of our “just in case” kit that includes everything from bobby pins, hair spray, safety pins, hair scarves, first aid kit, sewing kits, wet wipes etc etc.
- Wedding Hire Cost: $350
- Pick up & drop off at your location:
- If you would like us to pick you up and return you to your location/accommodation this is charged at $1 per kilometer (without passengers). The travel fee is charged from our location at The Church to your location, then the same charge for our return travel after drop off. Eg. If you wish to be collected and returned to your accommodation at, for example, Saffire Freycinet, which is 105 kms from The Church Campbell Town, we will charge $105 each way = $210 total.
If you would like to enquiry about
Wedding at the Church in Campbell Town please fill in the form below.
Please note that you are not allowed to bring any food or drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) onto the property except for one celebration cake. Large bags, any drink bottles and eskies are also not allowed. Enjoy your time with us!